Wednesday 24 April 2013

Preliminary Task: School Magazine

For the preliminary task we were instructed to create 2 pages of a school magazine. The 2 pages that I constructed were the front cover and the contents page, both of which can be viewed below. We were told to create these pages to get us used to the codes and conventions within magazine pages and to help prepare us in designing for specific audiences as a school magazine must cater for students, teachers and parents so by giving us this task we could learn from our mistakes in creating the final media product.
The Front Cover of my school magazine that I created for the preliminary task


The contents page of my school magazine that I created for the preliminary task
So as you can see the pages are not on the level of a professional magazine yet but I was only just getting to grips with creating magazine pages at this point. 

In evaluating these pages I would definitely discuss the fact that I do not believe I have catered to all the audiences in my design as it seems likely that only the students may read it as the design and the language used both would appeal more to students that teachers or parents as the images are all of the students and the things covered in the magazine seem like things only students would be interested in, for example the guide for exams would only be useful for students. So when creating my final product I should definitely always bare in mind the nature of my audience as this is important for magazines.

I will develop further evaluation of the preliminary task on completion of my final media product as this will allow me to see the areas in which I have improved with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment