Monday 6 May 2013

Existing Magazine Analysis : Contents Page

Continuing my research into existing music magazines I decided to analyse the codes and conventions of contents pages of various music magazines.

The first magazine contents page that I looked at was from Kerrang and like most magazines it is very conventional in it's design.


The second contents page that I analysed was the NME and once again it was fairly conventional but it had a few features that were unique in it's design.





 The third contents page that I analysed was of Q magazine and this once again presented a fairly conventional view of contents pages.
So after analyzing many different contents pages I found that most music magazines follow a fairly conventional structure and this tells me that I should probably follow this conventional structure. I think I will definitely include an editorial as this helps to really connect the audience with the magazine and make them feel addressed. I will probably do this through the mode of address too.

No comments:

Post a Comment