Monday 6 May 2013

Existing Magazine Analysis : Double Page Spread

To further my research into music magazines I continued my analysis of existing magazines by looking at various different double page spreads. These can be seen below with detailed analysis.


As you can see from this analysis of a Kerrang double page spread it presents a fairly conventional view but also a very professional take on the double page spread and so I am confident that this is the kind of deign I would like to create in my double page spread.


This magazine does things a little differently to the normal conventions of magazine pages as it uses only one image rather than quite a few it also presents a huge article title. The figure on the pages is also presented in line with the male gaze theory. 


This Q double page spread presents itself very much like a professional newspaper and is confined in a very formulaic way as everything is laid out in the 'correct' place. I am not sure about whether I like this design and I believe the Kerrang one illustrates how I would like mine to look.

So after analyzing all of these pages I believe that the look for my magazine is very similar to the one achieved in the Kerrang double page spread as this seems in line with how my audience would have liked it to be presented as I learnt from my audience research. So I will have one image across both pages and the main article and various images spread mostly across one page.

No comments:

Post a Comment